imooredb

In which a man blethers about stuff he has seen.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Hello, good evening, and welcome.

Due to some recent chimping about by one of my (almost) contemprary internet clowns, I've been wanting to have a poke at this blogging game. I have written blogs before, and they've always suffered slightly from my piss-poor attention span. I wrote a blog about growing a beard once, in an attempt to stop a major war. The beard lasted longer than the blog, and the war outstripped both by a good 3 years and counting. Some say the war has killed more people than the beard and blog combined, but there are no reliable statistics. Inbetween times I wrote a blog about nothing inparticular. It was pleasingly well attended for a while, but then I saw something shiny, and that was the end of that.

Anyhow, I say to myself "What to write about?". I can, truth be told, bang on about anything you like for an indefinite period of time. It would be rather nice if it entertained or informed someone this time around though. "So", thinks I, "write about what you know". Good self advice though this is, the first two options went right out the window. The world has enough internet resources about boozing and masturbating (although I in no way promise not to mention them at some point). So it falls to me to talk about everything else in my life, that is films, TV, and on more occasions than you would probably like, comics.

Of course, there are more than enough blogs and websites devoted to this topic already, but I don't care. This one will be written by me. And if nothing else it will be a reference point for online arguments elsewhere so I can remind myself what my opinion is supposed to be.

So, onwards....

P.S. I am not really Screech, although he's a smashing chap and over on the right somwhere you can find out more about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home