imooredb

In which a man blethers about stuff he has seen.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Tie a Yellow Ribbon...




I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted here, but this is one of the greatest films ever made. I watched it again recently, and yes it seems pretty weak and less cutting than it did on my first viewing. Mind you, that was 15 years ago now. Some of it still hits the spot perfectly. The ID check on a hopeful Steve Guttenburg is almost prescient. The B movie send-ups never tire. And the cast is just phenomenal. Have a look at the cast list on IMDB, and then try and imagine what the modern equivalent would be. I know what the modern equivalent is, and it's Ocean's 11/12/13/14/15, which is a great shame. This is the last breath of Hollywood's sense of humour, and should be preserved as such.

If you have never seen this film, do so immediately. It might seem very dated, but come on, everyone knows someone that makes you want to donate to "Black men Without Soul".

You can grab "Amazon Women on the Moon" off Amazon easily enough. It's not so easy to get through other channels, but if you really need to see it comment or send me an e-mail. Because I read loads of those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home